Tuesday 11 June 2013

Improving your arches

Bonjour my little ballet dancers.

I thought I would post a blog on arches. Now before I say anything my arch isn't all that perfect but it has improved a lot in the past few months. Here is a picture of my arch:


As you can see its not the best it could be and my leg is straight it just doesn't look it as I was taking this at a funny angle. This is why every other night I do some exercises to improve the arch of my foot.

The first exercise is toe crunches:

I point my foot and then flex my toes. After I have done this I then go back into point and then into flexed toes. I do 100 of these on each foot to improve my arch.
 
Here is the second exercise:
I place my foot under a small area such as my chest of drawers. I point my toes and try to straighten my legs. I have a long way to go still but this does work and I do see improvements.
 
I hope this helps the bunch of you out there who need help with your arches for ballet and dance class.
 
Au revouir!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment